I started making Jack’s special pizza a few months ago as an easy and delicious meal idea for my little guy. I knew they would be pretty good but not absolutely melt in your mouth delicious! I always make an extra half for myself since I just can’t help myself. My husband requests these all the time for dinner too.
Most whole wheat pizza crusts are dry and lack luster. But the whole wheat english muffin is a whole different ball game – they are moist and flavorful (as long as you don’t over cook them).
You can add whatever your favorite pizza toppings are but the simpler the better. I like black olives or plain cheese. Pepperoni would be good too.
What Makes Jack’s Special Pizza SO Good?
- The sauce soaks into all of the nooks and crannies of the english muffin, absorbing all the flavor
- Use extra sauce on each pizza – the saucier the better!
- Make sure you use a good pasta sauce – I use a local brand called Zias that is da bomb!
- A pinch of oregano
- Don’t cook them for very long – the more moist the english muffin, the better the flavor
- Whole wheat english muffins – sliced in half
- Your favorite red pasta sauce – I use Zias
- Your favorite blend of shredded cheese – I use Cabot 4-cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings – I used black olives
- Dried Oregano
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with your english muffin halves
- Evenly spread 1 large tablespoon of sauce to each muffin half
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese to each muffin half
- Sprinkle each muffin top with a dash of dried oregano
- Top with your favorite topping(s)
My family and I just can’t get enough of Jack’s special pizza (aka little slices of heaven). I hope they make you as happy as they make us 🙂