My Famous Green Smoothie FOR KidS
The key to a good green smoothie is balancing the flavors. So in addition to greens, I add strawberries, pineapple, and tasty green juice to add more flavor and sneak in even more green goodness (such as spirulina, chlorella, and barley grass).
This smoothie is ideal for a morning get up and go breakfast or for a post workout meal. It’s also a great way pack in the greens for your little ones and they’ll never know. This is one of my son’s favorite snacks – perfect for morning or afternoon. He literally chugs these like his life depends on it – it’s the cutest thing.
I’ve never been a huge smoothie fan, and often find that I’m forcing myself make them because I don’t enjoy what I’m drinking, but this one I’m slightly addicted to. Not only does it taste great but it truly gives me unbelievable energy and a pep-in-my-step when trying to get through a long afternoon with my crazy and high-maintenance 15 month old.
green smoothie for kids Ingredients
- 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- 1/2 c. frozen pineapples
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 c. green juice (Trader Joes “Green Plant” juice – green food juice blend or similar product)
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice
GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR KIDS Directions
- Gather your ingredients and place them all into a blender
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until it’s completely blended and you see no chunks
Smoothies don’t fit into your Keto Diet? Check out Keto Chinese Food Dishes.