These simple roasted sweet potatoes are easily one of my favorite things to eat and lucky for me, they’re also super healthy. My husband and I make these probably 2-3 times a week as a side dish to our dinners. They go with just about anything – burgers, fish, chicken, tacos, anything really. And another bonus is they’re relatively in expensive.
I always make a little extra to use the next day for my one year old since he loves them as well. I have a few little tricks with this recipe that make these sweet taters extra delicious:
- I cut them into smaller pieces than normal to make them more crispy
- I add a secret ingredient: Big Green Egg Sweet and Smoky Seasoning
- I toss them two times during the roasting process to make sure they cook evenly
Why are sweet potatoes so good for you?
- They are packed with vitamin A which supports your immune system, eyes, and cells
- They also have high amounts of fiber and potassium
- They may also help maintain a healthy blood pressure and protect against cancer
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- The Big Green Egg Sweet and Smoky Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- peel sweet potatoes
- dice into 1/2″ cubes
- lightly toss with olive oil and sea salt
- Bake for 30 mins – taking out two times to toss – sprinkling the seasoning both times
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me know what you think about the Big Green Egg seasoning – You’re gonna love it!