This arugula and pear salad is hands down my favorite salad! It’s perfect for barbecues, block parties, picnics or really any occasion. It is truly the best arugula and pear salad you’ll ever eat.
The the flavors and textures in this salad are perfectly balanced. The pepperiness of the arugula, sweetness of the pears and dressing, saltiness of the pistachios, tartness of the blueberries, and creaminess of the goat cheese make this salad forget your eating a salad. Anytime I take this to a party everyone is truly obsessed with how delicious and creative it is. It’s also super easy, healthy and fun to make!
Key to a good summer salad
- Fresh greens and ingredients
- Balance of textures (crunch and creaminess)
- A sweet ingredient (usually fruit paired with a slightly sweet dressing)
- Think beyond leafy greens: There are so many possibilities for summer salads besides lettuce. Try a combination of fresh and dried fruits, nuts, cooked grains, cheeses, veggies, etc.
- Fresh herbs: Throw in some fresh herbs such as basil or cilantro to add a boost of flavor
arugula and pear salad INGREDIENTS
- 1 package of arugula
- 1 small package of blueberries
- 1 pear – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. shelled pistachios
- 4 oz. goat cheese (I use the kind with honey)
- Marzetti strawberry poppyseeed dressing
- Layer half of the arugula in a large salad bowl and top with half of all the other ingredients
- Layer the other half of the arugula with the remaining half of the ingredients
- drizzle with dressing (wait to add dressing until right before you serve the salad to ensure it doesn’t get soggy)
- Toss thoroughly