I know, it’s really hard to find a super tasty cauliflower pizza crust. I’ve tried several different store bought frozen cauliflower pizza crusts and they’ve all been lacking flavor, had bad texture, have been difficult to bake correctly, or all of the above. I’m not going to name names but I know I’m not the only one who’s had this struggle! However, I have found a GREAT frozen cauliflower pizza crust and that is…drum roll please….Caulipower pizza crusts. They have them in the gluten free frozen food section of my local grocery store. Personally, I think they are equal to if not better than traditional pizza crust. If you are on a Keto friendly diet, this is a great way to get your carb fix without actually consuming too many carbs.
WHY IS CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE TO TRADITIONAL PIZZA CRUST?
- Higher in fiber
- Lower in calories
- Lower in carbs
- One regular slice of cheese pizza can have up to 500 calories with 35 grams of carbs. One slice of cauliflower crust pizza is around 120 calories and only 8g carbs
This particular recipe has a few secret techniques that make it EXTRA tasty and will have you hooked! The main thing is I saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic before adding to the pizza to bring out the flavors. I also drizzle the sauce on top instead of the bottom which gives each bite more dynamic.
- 1 Caulipower frozen pizza crust (no need to thaw like a lot of the other brands)
- Your favorite jar of pizza sauce (I use one from a local Italian restaurant here in St. Louis called Zias)
- Your favorite pizza cheese (I use a mixture of mozzarella and a local cheese called Provel)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 c. of your favorite mushrooms (I use oyster)
- 1 large clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Saute the onions and mushrooms for a couple of minutes
- Add the garlic and saute for another couple of minutes
- Brush the crust with a think layer of olive oil
- Add the mushroom, onion and garlic mixture evenly to crust
- Add the cheeses
- Drizzle the sauce on top in a spiral formation starting in the middle and working your way to the edge
- Place directly onto the rack for a crispier crust and back for about 15 minutes or to your liking
Let me know what you think about this recipe. I know I find myself craving it all the time!